Wednesday 30 July, 2008

My Bucket List

This is the first time someone has tagged me, and thank you Dhanya for doing that.

It’s more than a week since she tagged me to do ‘The Bucket List’, and my lazy self kept it aside. Inspired by the movie ‘The Bucket List,’ this tag is to list out things one want to do before one ‘kicks the bucket’. Well, I don’t want to kick the bucket, maybe in the next 200 years. So I should’ve a long list. But then, some of the most interesting things are never planned. Anyways, here comes my list …

1. I want to travel across the world. It may look like a copy-paste from Dhanya’s list, but isn't everybody getting bitten by the ubiquitous travel bug. And my must-go places include all over India and, for some strange reason, Egypt.


2. Build a low-cost house in Kerala, which should have a garden with all neglected/almost-extinct plants and an orchard as well.


3. Grow my own food, at least vegetables (of course, organic only).


4. Start a bookshop or at least a library.


5. Learn swimming. I get swimming lessons from Unny whenever we get a chance to jump into a waterbody. But I guess I need to go to a real swimming pool and get help from an instructor.


6. Drive in Mumbai city during rush hour. Every time I see the way vehicles are maneuvered during peak hours, my heart skips a beat.


7. Learn Marathi and at least one foreign language. I’ve started watching Marathi channels, but the programmes can’t sustain my interest. Not my fault. :-)

All these came at my finger tips without thinking. And I feel sleepy and I can’t think now. So that’s it.

The last three things in the list are there because I am too lazy to make an effort. You might be thinking, how this lazy bum is going to do the other things in the list. Even I don’t know. :-)


I know very few people in the English blog world and almost all of them are already tagged for this. So I leave it open to whoever reads this post and is interested in making their own bucket list.

9 comments:

Dhanya 31 July 2008 at 10:43 am  

Hey thanks for taking this up. Looks like we both have similar interests.. Travel , house, garden , swimming , driving all are there in my wish list also :)
And learning a language is something I'm very very bad at :( I can't even speak hindi properly. As for foreign language I had to learn German for survival, but if you ask me something now I'll be totally blank..

Anonymous 1 August 2008 at 12:54 pm  

Hey ... looks like Dhanya has given a lot of publicity to the bucket list :) Nice to see that u've done it too!

I can understand the Marathi thingie ... coz I feel the same way abt Kannada :) After driving arund Blore for almost 8yrs now... I've now come to hate driving in the city .. but its another story driving in the highway or roads less travelled. And yeah ... swimming ... thats a must in everybody's bucket list :) U shud try swimming in the sea, braving the waves! The 1st three are common in both our lists I guess :)

Thnx for visiting my blog and the comment. I've seen ur site and blog some time back (I guess u've commented in my malayalam blog as well - does biriyani and george bush ring any bell?) and noted that the luv for travel is common :) Gud luck and see u around.

Sreejith Panickar 2 August 2008 at 9:51 pm  

A good list there! Seems like all people in the blogosphere are busy doing tags!

Anonymous 3 August 2008 at 11:07 pm  

Bindu, I followed your comment to reach here. My wish list is almost the same, except for the travel spot…I opt Dead Sea to kill the curiosity.

Abt gardening……..mine flourishes on the beautiful, local weeds which need no care and the growth is awesome!

Tags are, sort of ‘Know Yourself’ quests and for that reason difficult. Cheers for the attempt.

Bindhu Unny 6 August 2008 at 11:56 pm  

Dhanya :-)
Sandeep: I remember commenting on Biriyani and George Bush, but didn't realise it was you when I visited your English blogs. :-)
Sreejith :-)
Sreedevi :-)

Anonymous 7 August 2008 at 4:54 pm  

Good bucket list.

mea culpa 18 August 2008 at 7:46 pm  

Grow your own food? In Bombay? Are you sure?

The one who has loved and lost 23 August 2008 at 4:24 am  

Madam, you have been tagged again :-)

Sapna Anu B.George 23 August 2008 at 1:10 pm  

Great blog and good to see you here

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP