Monday 6 April, 2009

Who’s stinky?

Oh! Life’s so boring. Nobody wants me. Come rain or shine, I stand here day in and day out. No one wastes a glance at me. (Sob sob…)

Eh! Who’s that? Here come two well-dressed ladies. I guess they are mother and daughter, going home after a big shopping. They’re checking the bills. Ladies, if you don’t want them, give it to me. I’ll take good care of them.

No! They dropped the papers on the roadside and left in an auto. Am I not standing just 3 ft behind them? Still… (Sob sob...)

Now, where is that stink coming from? The garbage van has already left. Good grief! Smells like she and her clothes haven’t seen water for ages. I don’t like stinky people, though ignorant people call me stinky. What’s this mad woman doing? Okay, she’s having food. After eating, she’ll leave all the trash behind. I’m sure.

Ugh! She’s even peeing there. Disgusting! Doesn’t she know only men can pee in public? Where are our culture police?

She’s leaving at last. I can open my nose and breathe now. But she’s coming towards me. What! She’s stuffing me with the leftover food and waste paper. I can’t believe this. I feel happy. What if she’s stinking? She’s using me.

Hey, she’s crossing the road. Be careful, dear. These drivers are mad nowadays. What’s she doing? Picking up something form the middle of the road. What’s she going to do with an empty cigarette packet and bits of paper? She’s coming back to me. She has also picked up the papers dropped by the ‘ladies’.

She’s giving me all the trash she picked up. Am I dreaming? Let me pinch myself. It’s real!

Sorry my lady. I was so rude to you earlier. I even called you stinky. Now I wonder who is stinky. You or those ladies.

From Waste Bin Diaries

12 comments:

sandeep 7 April 2009 at 10:19 am  

quite a possibility! how ironic, isnt it?

Arun Meethale Chirakkal 7 April 2009 at 12:11 pm  

A Portrait of Bindhu Unny as a Waste Bin

Bindhu Unny 7 April 2009 at 9:20 pm  

Sandeep: It's possible. It happened in front of my eyes last week while waiting for bus. :-)

Arun: ha ha ha. Waste bins are quite useful, right? :-)

Usha 9 April 2009 at 12:28 am  

:D
the next time I see one, Im going to smile at her, and dump all those used paper napkins I stuff in one of the compartments of my bag for not finding enough ppl of her tribe, when I need one!

mixedblessings89 13 April 2009 at 4:39 pm  

Hmm...

Tagged.

Unknown 15 April 2009 at 2:51 pm  

sooo nice to read

Bindhu Unny 15 April 2009 at 9:48 pm  

Usha: Ha ha ha. Well, you won't find her when you need her. That's true. But she can't be blamed for that, right? Because it's not in her hands to increase the population of her tribe. :-)

mixedblessings89: You won't give up, right? I am yet to do the previous tag. :-)

നീലാംബരി: Thanks :-)

ബഷീർ 8 May 2009 at 7:00 pm  

day dream ?

mixedblessings89 9 May 2009 at 2:06 am  

*snorts with laughter*
Of course I won't give up.

:D

Lol @ Arun

Bindhu Unny 14 May 2009 at 8:45 pm  

ബഷീര്‍: Not dream, but reality :-)

mixedblessings89: I am still figuring it out. :-)

ZB 17 May 2009 at 2:05 pm  

quite creative you are, i loved your writing..

Bindhu Unny 18 May 2009 at 7:18 pm  

Zillionbig: Thanks :-)

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP